Figured there were many similarities….I was right.
1. Jedi’s use light sabers as weapon’s…so do drummers – just watch Pink Floyd’s song ‘Time’ when Nick Mason uses those light up sticks for the rototom intro. Cut you in half.
2. Yoda is a 400 year old first-call session percussionist in L.A. http://www.lostvectors.com/flash/yoda.html
3. Many great drummers gravitate towards the dark side/metal…wear black and have tattoos…Just compare Darth Vader + Darth Maul with Slipknot – ’nuff said.
4. Chewbacca and Animal are long lost brothers…so are Ak-rev and Clown.
5. The Max Rebo Band is actually the Chick Corea Elektric Band in the Star Wars alternate Universe.
6. Giovanni Hidalgo looks just like Rappertunie. Both Musicians – both a ladies man.
7. The Star Wars Drummer in action here.
8. Even Gnarls Barkley embraces the obvious.
Glad to be asked so often – really. I guess the most efficient way to answer everyone at once is to post this here.
Live/studio kit – Sonar Force 3000 series circa 2004. 20 x 20 kick, 10 x 9, 12 x 10, & 14 x 14 toms. 5.5 x 14 Grover Pro Percussion Snare. 13″ Zildjian K hats. 16″ Zildjian Fast Crash. 18″ Sabian AA Med Crash. 18″ Zildjian A Custom China. 20″ Zildjian A Custom Ride. Double DW pedal, Sonar hardware.
Rehearsal kit: Tama Rockstar Pro Custom circa 1988. 22 x 20 kick, 10 x 11, 12 x 13, 14 x 14, 16 x 16 toms. 5 x 14 Sonar Force 3000 snare. 14″ Sabian AA hats, 17″ Sabian AA crash, 10″ Wuhan splash, 24″ Zildjian Z Ride. Sonar single pedal.
On both snares I use Evans reverse power dot for the batter side and a Evans hazy for the reso. For the tom’s, I prefer Evans G-Plus on top and Evans EC reso’s.
At gigs and in the studio I favor Ahead drumsticks with an ample amount of hockey stick grip tape.
That’s it. Pretty basic huh?
Cheers from the throne.